Monday, February 8, 2010

Stand In

a painted smile on my face
offering you simple grace
i am always out of place
but for you
i'm just a stand in

number four in your top ten
you ask me, "will i love again"
no one really ever wins
but for you
i'm just a stand in

ive held your hand
and we've walked in the sand
i would've given you forever... and
even for you
i'm just a stand in

problems you have
your wish is my command
after all
i am YOUR stand in

worthy of love
only in a spiritual sense
wow, i must be really dense
to continue on this cycle
because for all of you
i'm a stand in

depressed, i'm not
i just happen to be caught
in this same ol' dull routine
where i put up this thick screen
a filter where I let some pass through
see my heart, oh no not you...
because for you,
I'm just a stand in.
-kalinmae 02/10

No comments:

Post a Comment