Monday, June 14, 2010

another goal of mine:

I am in the process of moving into a new apartment. In this apartment I will be sharing a room with another girl, as well as a closet and you see... this poses a problem because I am coming to realize: I have a lot of freaking crap. I have already been through my closet twice, and I feel as though inventory is not shrinking at all.

Over the last few terms at school I have been thinking about becoming more free-trade-esk. My bursting closet has a lot to do with this thought becoming more of a reality. I love to shop locally. I love the thought of using things that have already been used in order to save energy and effort in such a consumerist society. And so, a new goal has been birthed.

I will not buy any new clothes or shoes for an entire year.

That means, June 14th, 2011 is the end of this deal. The only exception to this rule is if I get hired on to a new job in which I need to purchase something for a uniform.

I'm pretty excited about the idea actually, and it will a good exercise of self-control. We'll see how it works out. Actually, I am headed to a second hand thrift store right now :)

1 comment:

  1. You should get(borrow) a sowing machine and try resowing old things into new designs or something fun.

    ReplyDelete