Sunday, June 13, 2010

And it was done...

I'm sitting next to my cousin, typing this on my new macbook pro that my parents surprised me with for a grad gift. It finally hit me yesterday, it's over. I'm really glad that I decided to attend commencement, and when I was walking amongst all of the other grad's with those ugly square hats I teared up. I spent the last four years learning so much about life: people, God, myself. I can't believe the last four years went by that fast, and all that I went through.

I got to spend yesterday with my best friends, my amazing families and my amazing kids. I love when everyone I know and love are in the same place, although it makes for some anxiety before hand (pretty sure I only slept 2 hours on friday night...I was definitely stressing). We bbq'd, laughed, took pictures and I got a nice sunburn (can we say "hello rudolph!"?).

Today I moved a bunch of stuff out of my apartment, and sent a lot of furniture and random things home with my parents. On the 30th, I'm moving out of the apartment that I've spent the last 2 years in, and into a duplex with 5 other girls. New beginnings are so exciting and yet, so scary.

I hope to do a lot of things with this year (or so) I'm taking off of school:

1) Get healthy. I want to eat the way I'm supposed to- no processed food, lots of veggies and fruits and whole grains. I also need to start taking my medicine on a regular basis.
2) Run. I am excited to start running in the mornings with a good friend of mine. Let the sweat pour!
3) Devotionals e'rday. I need to get back into the groove of just "being" with God. It's my favorite. I love it.
4) Start being "wifey": I want to quilt, can and make dinner :)
5) Enjoy life one day at a time. I want to breathe deeper and spend more time with the people I love. Call my family more, and be with friends more :)

I also want to blog more, post some youtube videos and figure out a masters program. We'll see :)

So just as quick as it started four years ago, it was done. But there is still a lot of life to be lived and a lot of love to be had. Here's to the next phase of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment